Monday 16 July 2012

Integrating mathematics with technology

As I was searching for whole group reading, I came across a link at youtube about Kindergarten Tech Integration. I thought that it would be good to share the video in this blog.
The video was uploaded by Mrs. Kimballs, a teacher who conducted math lessons integrating technology. My first impression.. WOW! The school provides iPads, Mac computer and smartboards. All of the activities are play based. I know some schools do provide smartboards and computers in classes but do they integrate math lessons with technology?
I like the way the teacher use the art software (kidpix) to create a simple patterning game instead of just exploring the art tools only. You can also print out once the child has completed the activity and this can be added in the child's portfolio. This activity can also be applied using common software that can be found in your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment